Sunday, August 12, 2007

A weekend off

Well, after my short stop in chicago with my parents, I made it to virginia and headed to class. Although I never enjoy death by powerpoint, I do have to admit I've learned quite a bit in my first week. Hopefully I will continue to be a sponge and make the entire month of training worthwhile. That being said, it was definately time to get away for the weekend!! So I headed up North to DC to spend a few days with my good friends Eric and Samantha. They are my saviors for this trip (and suprisingly enough, they invited me to visit again!) As for the weekend, it was a blast. I do have to admit that I did spend a lot of my time enjoying Eric's extensive Star Wars Lego collection. And now he doesn't need to build his death star anymore :-) We did get out though, saturday night we met up with Justin and Lauren, and Kelly and Doug for dinner in Chinatown. (a place called Matchbox, a little pricey, but excellent food). And then this morning before hitting the road, we went out and hit some golf balls around at a fun minigolf place. It was actually ranked in the top 5 in the Nation in some magazine. Sadly enough, Sam beat both Eric and I. Oh well, I guess that means that we need to get back out to the range and practicing :-)

No comments: