Friday, January 25, 2008

Look...two blogs in the same month!!

Hey, I'm back again, and its only been two and a half weeks! How nice is that. I figured since I had a few minutes I'd throw up a few words about what is going on with me. (I'm currently sitting in my favorite little cafe in Warrenton...more on that in a few minutes) To go back to what I ended my last post with, I have some pictures to put up that depict my latest adventure. (darn digital photos...take forever to develop). About two weeks ago, I was one of the lucky crew members who got the opportunity to perform the flyover for the Seattle Seahawks playoff game against the Washington Redskins! Not only did we get to fly really low over the city and the stadium, but then we also got to go to the game AND go onto the field! I must admit, it was pretty sweet :-) Here are a few pics of it. On a completely different note, I've begun to establish myself a tad bit in my community. Instead of being a person that moves into a city, lives there for four years, and then leaves without making much of a dent...I've decided to become a part of the community by interacting with others and being involved (as much as I can while doing all the work with the Coast Guard). So, I think I've mentioned it before, but I've joined the volunteer fire department, and in that single move, I've gotten to know a ton of awesome people in the city and have started feeling like I'm a part of the town. In about another month (hopefully) I'll finish up my training period and will actually be able to start responding to emergency calls (imagine me riding on the back of a fire truck!). I've also decided to take up a second venture (or a third job as some would call it) by working at a local cafe :) (see the first sentence of this post). I never really pictured myself as a waiter, or a server, but its actually a lot of fun. At least being in my position it is. The best part is that I am getting the chance to really get to know a lot more people (because this particular diner is like the best little place to eat in the town). And of course, the extra money in my pocket never hurt anything! Well, I think I've put more words up than I already planned to. So I'm off to get back to work because my lunch break is over. Oh, and if anyone that reads this is in the newport news area of Virginia, give me a ring because I'll be there from Monday till Friday morning of next week! Peace, Love, and lots of great big hugs!

No comments: